Presidential Politics — Forget National Security, Isn’t it all about Jobs and the Domestic Economy?

The latest WSJ / NBC poll found that 61% of Americans approve of President Obama’s handling of national security. That’s the good news. The bad news is only 6% really care and believe that national security should be the top issue in the presidential election. The remaining 94% of Americans think the primary issue is the domestic economy and jobs. And only 39% of Americans approve of the way the President is handling the economy. Given the continuing poor state of the global and domestic economies this spells trouble for the Obama reelection campaign.

Advertisements

About Stuart Malawer

Distinguished Service Professor of Law & International Trade at George Mason University (School of Public Policy).
This entry was posted in Global Trade Relations and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s