- Only about 1/3 of all cases filed in the WTO actually result in full litigation. (For the U.S. it’s a bit higher.)
- The U.S. has been a respondent more often than a complainant in the WTO.
- The U.S. has won about the same number of cases it has lost in the WTO.
- China has brought more cases against the U.S. than it has against any other country.
- The U.S. has won all its decided cases against China that it bought as a complainant.
- China has won three cases against the U.S.
- The Bush and Obama administrations brought about the same number of cases against China.
- The Bush administration brought about twice as many total cases in the WTO as has the Obama administration.
- The Clinton administration has brought about five times the cases in the WTO as has the Obama administration.
- The total number of cases filed in the WTO from 1997-2011 has declined about 80%.
U.S. – China Trade Litigation in the WTO / DSU (2001 – 2013)_– Four Charts._____
…… “U.S. & WTO Litigation, 1995 – 2012.” (Snapshot Chart) (From USTR data).
…… “U.S. – China WTO Cases — Bush & Obama Administrations (6 Charts)” (April 2013).